The most beautiful parts of life are born from chaos.
And from that chaos, we’re able to make sense of the world.
Hey all y’all Chaos-ers,
It’s my 100th blog post! It’s a very merry unbirthday! Last week was my 6 month anniversary as well, so there is ALL the reason to celebrate this monumental post! Time for a wee bit o’ #celebration!
I just wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you, faithful readers, for continuing to come back every week and show me love. In honor of this wonderful, joyful holiday, I’ve created a GIF of myself dressed as Rihanna, clapping for you and doing a slight twerk.
I started this blog because I wanted to write every day again. I was putting the finishing touches on my book, which I’ve been querying for since the end of May. I started work on my WiP, of which I’m making considerably headway with. My readership has grown exponentially, and I believe it’s because I thoroughly enjoy what I’m writing on here, which is often nonsensical. Sometimes I write about pop culture, sometimes I post old creative pieces, sometimes I blog about my querying and writing woes, but each post is 100% me.
As I wrote in my 2nd post back in May:
One aspect of being a creator that I’ve come to accept is that inspiration is fleeting. It comes and goes on its own whim. It doesn’t wait around for YOU to decide that you’re ready. It’s the elusive friend you can never get a hold of when it’s important, the lover who only calls you when they want a booty call, your first crush that you can’t get out of your head, even though you know they’ll never reciprocate the feeling; it’s impossibly unfair. And even when it does come, it’s too fickle to stay long enough to satisfy any sort of craving or fill any void.
That’s the beauty of writing.
The best ideas spring from crowded minds. At least that’s the case with me. My best writing comes when I don’t have time to write. My best sentences come to me when I’m in the middle of doing 1,929,297,420,768,591 things at the same time. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I wouldn’t ever want my mind to quiet down.
I want to relish in the chaos.
Without it, life would be boring as hell.
So thank you for indulging in my chaotic, erratic posts, I really appreciate it!
P.S., Check out some of my favorite posts of the first six months of Beautiful Chaos below:
My Favorite Creative Pieces:
- “Spring Break: A Not-Yet-Gay Fairytale“
- “When There’s No More Time“
- “White Noise”
- “Rooftops & White Walls”
- An Open Can of White Paint
- The Chronicles of Paddy Rüberduckie
- “A History of Pebbles“
My Favorite LGBT-related Posts:
- A Life Unexpected
- How Adam Lambert Saved My Life
- Ruby Red Slippers, Western Stampin’ Ken, and A Whole Lotta #Diva
- The Power of Fear
- I Am
- The Significant Death of Ignorance
- All You Need Is Love … And Glee!
- How to React in Almost Every Situation
My Favorite Pop Culture-related Posts:
- Zombies, Vampires, and Katniss Everdeen, Oh My!
- My Love for Natalia Kills is a Goddamn Problem
- The One About the TV Theory of Friendship
- I May Be Slightly Obsessed with Mariah Carey
- What Dawson’s Creek Taught Me
- Roots Before Branches
- Lady GaGa: The Key to Success
- The Truth About Katy Perry
- My Guilt Pleasures
- An Open Letter to Hollywood
My Favorite Writerly Posts:
- Brain Bleed
- Keep Moving Forward
- Whistle While You Twerk … Err, Work
- How to Re-Do Life
- The Key is to Heal
- Why Self-Publishing Is Not For Me
- Things I Wish I Could Write in a Query Letter
- Five Totally Valid Reasons I’m Not Published
- The “Open Can of White Paint” Series
My Favorite Personal Posts:
- Will I Be Remembered? And Other Mortal Combats
- The Common Cure for Uncommon Anxiety
- 27 Things I Wish I Could Tell 17 Year Old Steven
- Confessions of a Big Brother
- THIS is Life
- Sigh, Is This My Life?
- Fate: Everything Happens for a Reason
- Pencils, Books, Dirty Looks, and Love for a New Semester