Tomorrow is Independence Day…
….and who says “American values” better than Holden Caulfield and JD Salinger?! #amiright?
It’s no secret that I live and breathe for JD Salinger. Like so many other writers, The Catcher in the Rye inspired me to write my own story; not for anyone else, but for myself.
I’d be lying if I said i wasn’t #thirsty for a “new” Salinger book. I re-read Catcher once a year, and I’ve read Nine Stories a million times, and Franny and Zooey and Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction have been sitting on my shelf waiting for a new Salinger-composed companion for too long now.
So when I saw the trailer for the new documentary, Salinger, I nearly #died.
Hopefully it will explore Salinger’s demons in detail and try to explain his reclusive behavior and maybe, just maybe, tell us what literary treasures he’s secretly been writing…
DOES THAT NOT SEEM INCREDIBLY AWESOME?
ARE YOU DYING RIGHT NOW?
BECAUSE I AM.
It reportedly hits theaters on September 6th.
EIGHT DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!
I NEED TO GET A RED HUNTING HAT FOR THE PREMIERE. I may even procure a prostitute named Sunny for this occasion.
Happy Fourth, erryone! I’ll be back on Friday with more new content! In the meantime, let’s all salivate over the trailer for Salinger and maybe catch up on some of my favorite posts that you might have missed:
- The Significant Death of Ignorance [A stream-of-consciousness post-DOMA/Prop 8 strikedown)
- Oops … I Haiku’d Again [A collection of haiku’s made from the lyrics to my favorite guilty pleasure pop songs]
- The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most [About fears and regrets]
- ‘Wallflower’ in Reverse [Why Perks of Being a Wallflower is my #favorite]
- Confessions of a Big Brother [An ode to my little sister as she embarks on the rest of her life]
- THIS is Life. [Why living life in the moment is so damn important]
- The Inherent Transience of Positivity [Staying positive is hard because it’s so fleeting, but it’s sooo important!]
- A Life Unexpected [A personal love letter…I love baring my soul…]
- Five Totally Valid I’m Not Published [Hint: I’m insane]
- Brain Bleed [Why I need to write. Also, my brain doesn’t bleed. At least, I don’t think it does…]
- An Open Can of White Paint [Part I of the journey of my how I wrote the novel I’m currently shopping around to literary agents. Check out the other parts here: The OCoWP Series]
- Beautiful Chaos [The Beginning]